I get super excited when it comes to weddings, the outfit, the hair, the makeup…and I was only a guest!
My look was inspired by bold brights, so I created this look with the Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Plum Pink
* Bare Minerals Foundation in Golden Medium
* Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
* Nars Laguna Bronzer (to contour)
* Dior Ultra shimmering face powder in Rose Diamonds (to highlight cheekbones)
* Mac Blush in Frankly Scarlett
* Illamasqua Powder Blush in Hussy
Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Plum Pink
1. Applied Mac Soft Ochre paint pot all over lid
2. Take the plum colour and apply all over the lid, just up to the crease
3. Take the light brown/taupecolour and apply in the crease
4. Then take the darkest shade and apply in the outer V
5. Use the lightest shade on the brow bone and inner corner
6. Lastly I took NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Purple and lined the upper & lower lashline
7. I then took a pencil brush and applied a mix of the taupe & plum shade and smudged the lower lashline
8. Finish off with lashing of black mascara
* Mac Charcoal Brown and a small angled brush
* Lined with Face of Australia Nude Lipliner
* NYX Black Label lipstick in Nude
* Elizabeth Arden lipgloss over the top (name has rubbed off the tube!)
* Hot pink 3/4 sleeve peplum top from Asos
* Necklace from Lovisa
To balance out this bright neon top, I created a burnt brown and red lip combo, with a hint of gold.
Re-create the look with these…
L’Oreal True Match Foundation
Face of Australia Translucent Powder
Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer
Nars Laguna Bronzer used as blush
Make up Forever Aqua Cream in 14 (a burnt brown)
Mac Soft Brown in the crease
Mac Antiqued in the outer V
Napoleon loose eye dust in Star Light on inner corner and browbone
Maybelline the falsies mascara
Revlon constantly coral lip gloss with clear gloss over the top
Charlotte Tilbury has finally hit Australia and is available online at Net-a-Porter
The Colour Chameleon eyeshadow pencils are the product I was most interested in and I received my Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil in Bronzed Garnet (for green eyes) from Net-a-Porter. Packaged beautifully it felt like my birthday!
I should advise I have hazel eyes that go green in the sunlight.
These eyeshadow pencils claim to make your eye colour pop, so Bronzed Garnet should bring out the green tones in my eyes.
I am very happy with the results, the product goes on smoothly and sets in about a minute. They wear for around 8 hours on my eyelids (without a primer as a base) and took two cotton pads soaked in eye makeup remover to remove. So they definitely have staying power!
I took photographs in natural light with no flash and I don’t know about you, but I think they really did bring out the green tones in my eyes.
Overall a lovely product to use, and not too expensive, they retail for around AU $33.
However if that is breaking the budget for you, you can check out my Dupes review by clicking here
I’d be interested to see anyone else’s experience with these eye shadow pencils, so leave a comment or post a picture to my Beaute Amoureux Facebook Page
I also received the Smokey Emerald pencil (for hazel eyes) so leave me a comment below if you would like to see a few pics of that colour as well?
Gold suits any eye colour so why not be bold and try out something new for a little night time sparkle.
id Bare Minerals Foundation
Rimmel stay matte powder
Nars Laguna bronzer as blush
Mac paint pot in Soft Ochre as base
Maybelline Colour tattoo in Bold Gold applied to lid up to crease
Napoleon loose eye dust in gold applied on top
Mac Soft brown to define the crease
Mac Nylon on inner corner to highlight and open the eyes
Black liquid eyeliner used to create wing and line upper and lower lashes
Maybelline falsies mascara
Maybelline colour tattoo in bold gold
Clear gloss on top
Make me smile and like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/beauteamoureux
Being Fall overseas and the colour Plum is everywhere, however being Spring here in Australia I decided to create an easy breezy fall inspired makeup look leaving the attention on the lips.
* L’Oreal True Match Foundation
* Rimmel Wake me up concealer
* Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
* Mac Frankly Scarlett Blush
* Dior Ultra Shimmering face powder used to highlight cheeks
* Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow Palette (used shades warm pink on lid, Plumsmoke in crease and Cafe au lait on brow bone)
* Mac Nylon on inner corner
* Maybelline liquid liner in black
* Maybelline the falsies mascara (my favourite)
* Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Berry Couture (coming out pink on my camera, but its a plum colour)
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/beauteamoureux
Overcast Sundays in Sydney call for ”Smokey Sundays’! Inspired by my vintage purple blouse I decided to do my take on a smokey eye and use deep purples to create a look that can be worn during the day. Barley there blush and a nude lip finish the look. Keep reading to find out how to re-create this look….
L’Oreal True Match Foundation
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Nars Gina blush
Nars Albatross highlighter
Make up Forever Aqua Cream in 17 applied all over lid and blended out
Mac Antiqued eyeshadow in the outer V and blended into the crease, also used on lower lashline
Mac Soft Brown eyeshadow used as a transition shade blended through the crease
Nars ‘and god created the woman’ palette – used shades Alhambra on inner third and browbone highlight and Night Clubbing blended into the outer V and on the lower lashline
Maybelline the colossal volum’express mascara
Face of Australia Lip quench in Iced Almond
Napoleon Luminous Lip Veil in Caramel Kiss over the top
Please post your pictures on my facebook page if you recreate this look! I’d love to see it
Today was a beautiful Spring day in Sydney and to set the scene for a great day I decided to break out the floral prints and wear a pretty updo.
This makeup look is my favourite combination at the moment and I keep searching for outfits each day just to match my lipstick because I am in love with this colour!
RIMMEL “wake me up” concealer used under eyes and blended on the upper cheekbones
BARE ESCENTIALS id bare minerals foundation in Light
MAC “Frankly Scarlett” blush
DIOR Ultra Shimmering Face powder in 001 Rose Diamonds used on cheekbones to highlight
MAC “Charcoal Brown” used on eyebrows
MAC paint pot in soft orchre
MAC eyeshadow in “Naked Lunch” on lid
MAC eyeshadow in “Satin Taupe” blended into the outer V
MAC eyeshadow in “Soft Brown” blended into the crease
MAC eyeshadow in “Nylon” used on the inner corner to highlight
NARS “Alhambra” eyeshadow from the “And god created the woman pallette” used to highlight the brow bone
MAYBELLINE Master Precise liquid eyeliner in black to line upper & lower lashline
RIMMEL Exaggerate Waterproof eye definer in black to line tightline & waterline
MAYBELLINE the Falsies volume express mascara in black
FACE OF AUSTRALIA lip liner in nude
L’OREAL colour sensational lipstick in “shocking coral”
ZARA Long sleeve button up floral blouse with front tie